- Creating and updating static web pages as well as dynamic templates
- Design and development of new front-ends and interfaces
- Design and development of data visualization components
- Creating design comps and wireframes
- Updating and maintaining frontend frameworks
- Project management for frontend development projects
- 3-5 years of frontend web development experience
- A solid understanding of core web and browser concepts
- Demonstrated professional experience with Bootstrap
- Strong understanding of web accessibility and the core principles of localization
- Excellent English communication skills (business level)
- Strong graphic design skills with tools such as Photoshop/Illustrator/XD
- Experience with performance and optimization problems and demonstrated ability to both diagnose and prevent these
- Strong understanding of Git (version control)
- Self-motivated and self-managing, with strong organizational skills
- Positive and solution-oriented mindset
- Effective communication skills: regularly achieve consensus with peers, and clear status updates
Nice to Have
- Experience with writing automated tests (e.g. MochaJS, Chai JS, Puppeteer)
- Cloud storage solutions experience (e.g. AWS S3, Google Cloud Storage)
- Experience with Twig (Symfony) or similar template languages
- Familiarity with Webpack or other asset compilation tools
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with CI/CD concepts
- GitLab experience
About the Company
Springer Nature Group opens the doors to discovery for researchers, educators, clinicians and other professionals. Every day, around the globe, our imprints, books, journals, platforms and technology solutions reach millions of people.
For over 180 years our brands and imprints have been a trusted source of knowledge to these communities and today, more than ever, we see it as our responsibility to ensure that fundamental knowledge can be found, verified, understood and used by our communities – enabling them to improve outcomes, make progress, and benefit the generations that follow.
At Springer Nature, we value the diversity of our teams and work to build an inclusive culture, where people are treated fairly and can bring their differences to work and thrive. We empower our colleagues and value their diverse perspectives as we strive to attract, nurture and develop the very best talent.
Springer Nature was awarded Diversity Team of the Year at the 2022 British Diversity Awards. Find out more about our DEI work here.
If you have any access needs related to disability, neurodivergence or a chronic condition, please contact us so we can make all necessary accommodation.