Transforming performance for a green, inclusive, and productive world.
The world is changing and we have a responsibility to support that change, helping drive it and be part of it. Through the commitment, capability and care our team brings, we build trust between clients, suppliers, governments and society. Delivering better outcomes that have a positive impact on the world around us. We work smarter to face the challenges of the future; bringing the clarity that helps teams realise their full potential across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors. It’s how we’ve made the difference for more than 75 years.
Love a challenge: We love a challenge and we work hard to make change happen and see things through. We don’t stand still, challenging ourselves and others to do better every day. And we are trusted to do the right thing, raising standards all the time.
Stronger together: We’re stronger together by connecting people in diverse teams, so that we can all collaborate to deliver our best work. We focus on what matters and use our influence to build a better world for everyone.
Bring out the best in everyone: We bring out the best in everyone. We help each other to make the most of our potential, always learning from our experience. We treat each other with care and respect and make time to give everyone a voice.
- To lead Project Management Commissions, taking responsibility for end to end service delivery, often with respect to large or complex data centre projects
- To act as the key, day to day client interface, ensuring that client objectives are met and that projects are delivered to time and cost targets and the appropriate quality standards
Project management to include
- Advising at a strategic level at the project conception stage, including providing advice on the different approaches that can be adopted in order to successfully achieve the client’s overall objectives
- Leading the establishment of the overall success criteria for the project, including time, cost, technical and performance parameters
- Planning for and the ongoing management of quality, safety, health and environment issues
- Establishing effective project governance, processes and systems to be utilised throughout project
- Project planning, including ensuring the production of the detailed project plan.
- Advising upon the procurement of resources
- Leading and facilitating the overall cross-functional project team
- Monitoring and applying performance management techniques, including the use of KPI’s to improve project performance
- Managing the change control process
- Monitoring and advising upon project finances
- Managing the flow of project information between the team and the client, through regular meetings and written communications
- Ensuring the production of formal project progress and other reports
- Taking a leading role in interfacing with the client and other consultants, at all project stages
- Manage and coordinate the needs of multiple partner teams, while managing changes and maintaining a focus on keeping the project on schedule, budget, quality, and safety
Marketing and business development, to include:
- Taking responsibility for developing new business opportunities with existing and new Turner & Townsend clients
- Identifying and acting upon cross-selling opportunities
- Working with Associate Directors and Directors to construct bids for new work
- Attending formal client pitches with Assistant Directors and Directors
- Ensuring that project case study, photograph and project CV files are kept up to date
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to improve project management products and services
Internal management accountabilities, to include:
- Staff management (where appropriate) – Inputting into the formal management of an Assistant Project Manager or small project management team, to include 1st round recruitment interviews, input into resource management and attendance at junior staff appraisals
- Knowledge management – Ensuring that key information and learning generated from each project is entered into the Turner & Townsend internal database
- Financial management – Ensuring prompt client invoicing and utilising FMS in order to monitor a project’s financial status
- Process improvement – Identifying and acting upon ways to improve internal systems and processes
- Projects are managed to the right quality standards and are completed efficiently, on time and to budget
- Project delivery meets the client’s objectives and is in line with the conditions of appointment
- Strong relationships are developed with clients and members of the cross-functional team
- General line management responsibilities (where appropriate) are effectively discharged
- Business development opportunities with existing and new clients, including cross- selling opportunities, are identified and acted upon
- Professionally qualified in one of the following fields: construction, project management, engineering, surveying, and architecture or information technology
- Qualifications in Project Management / Electrical Engineering / Mechanical Engineering or equivalent knowledge and experience.
Skills and Experience:
- A thorough understanding of the total project life cycle, from project conception stage, through all of the operational stages to completion and post-project review.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of all the main project management concepts, tools and techniques.
- Design, management or construction experience gained within the general construction environment.
- Experience of leading project management commissions for medium, large, sized construction projects of medium to high complexity.
- Direct experience with delivering data centre design projects, including procurement and commissioning of facilities
- Direct experience in negotiating with regulatory agencies regarding departures from building code and construction change orders.
- A minimum of 8 years project management experience, preferably gained within the above environment.
- Has previously worked as a consultant
- Business level English and Japanese required
About the Company
All over the world people are using buildings, infrastructure, and assets we helped to deliver. It could be the hospital they work in, the railway they travel on every day, the fuel that powers their car or the data centre they depend on at work. For more than 75 years we’ve been helping to deliver transformational programmes across the real estate, infrastructure and natural resources sectors, making a difference to people’s lives and ensuring a return on investment for our clients and their investors.