To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Game Level Director | ゲームレベル・ディレクター who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
- Lead the level design team to maximize the team’s productivity while maintaining the work produced is in line with the project’s vision.
- Communicate level design standards & pipeline to the team and prepare Design Documents as well as User Stories in the Product Backlog.
- Collaborate with producers and other leads to define the Product Backlog.
- Technically and creatively support the team.
- Mentor and inspire and the design team.
- Responsible for reviewing level design team’s deliverables.
- Work with QA to ensure the stability of all levels.
- Take full ownership of several levels from blockout to realizing gameplay and tuning.
- Work with the level design team on balance and progression of the level flow.
- Write level design documentation if necessary.
- 6+ years experience in Game Design feature Development.
- Released at least 1 game in Lead Position (PC or console).
- A strong understanding of players’ behaviors and their motivations with respect to gameplay spaces.
- Have worked on at least 3 projects.
- Level Design experience is a must.
- Competent knowledge of 3D tools (Max, Sketchup, etc.).
- Ability to work in an international environment, and to integrate quickly to the team.
- Extremely curious about innovative game development.
- Passion for games on various platforms.
- Strong documentation & communication skills.
- Used to collaborating closely with programmers and artists.
- Have experience or at least a strong interest in working overseas.
- A proven track record with Japanese developers/publishers and extensive knowledge of the Japanese market is required.
- Japanese/English professional proficiency is required.
About the Company
Founded in 2004, Virtuos is a leading global video game development company headquartered in Singapore with studios across Asia, Europe, and North America. With over 3,500 full-time professionals, Virtuos specializes in game development and art production for AAA consoles, PC, and mobile titles, enabling its partners to generate additional revenues and achieve greater operational efficiency.
For over a decade, Virtuos has successfully delivered high-quality content for more than 2,000 projects and its clients include 18 of the top 20 digital entertainment companies worldwide. More information at www.virtuosgames.com.