PLAY, GROW and WIN
To be a part of Virtuos means to be a creator and aim at excellence.
At Virtuos, we harness the latest technologies to make video games better and more immersive than ever before. That is why we pride ourselves in constantly pushing the boundaries of possibility since our founding in 2004.
Virtuosi are a team of experts – people who have come together to share their mutual passion for producing high-quality games. People who share the same enthusiasm in exploring new ideas and the constant drive to excel in their field. People who believe in earning success through dedication.
As a group, Virtuos has become a recognized leader in its field, has been growing faster than its peers have in recent years, and is pursuing an aggressive global expansion strategy. To this end, we are seeking an experienced Technical Art Director | テクニカルアートディレクター who can join our team and help pave the way towards our new goals.
Owner of the art technologies, tools, pipelines and budgets
- Test and confirm that the intended techniques are possible with the tools chosen. Validate the quality of the product with the Art Director and Lead Programmer.
- Produce a technical reference and/or technical constraints documents, keep it current, and communicate it for the team’s guidance.
- Assure the homogeneity of the technical quality throughout the game.
- Propose and create the right tools to accelerate certain procedural tasks.
- Be the gatekeeper of the budget, stability and performance of the art.
- Guide your team membership their tasks and priorities so that they meet the expectations of production teams. Play a role in their career development. Advise and give regular feedback to your team so that they can develop their full potential.
- Help construct a credible road map to reach target dates.
- Form your team on the new methods and techniques they will have to implement.
- Be an expert on the graphic production pipelines of the project to advise the Core Team on the development strategy to adopt.
- Coordinate the research on the Tech Art team with those of other studios: regular synchronizations with other Technical Directors of the projects.
- Ensure monitoring of the entire production team with other managers: coordination on information’s to relay, prioritization of developments with project managers, communication on the support operated by the team of Technical Artists, etc.
Look out for innovation
- Network with other experts to benchmark solutions used on the projects
- Provide insights and value add to the project and group.
- You have 5+ years of industry experience in the video games industry and have participated in several productions as a Technical Artist, Associate technical art director or technical art director; You have developed a vision and a strong expertise in graphic production methods and pipelines for AAA and other projects.
- You are familiar with the technologies used in modern games (PBR, data, streaming, etc.).
- You master the graphics software of the industry (3DS Max, Substance, Photoshop, Blender, etc.).
- You have a good knowledge of at least one programming language: scripting (Python, MaxScript, C #).
- Experience as a lead of artists through a creation process.
- Experience working in shading/lighting/look development for one or more shipped game titles.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating technical art experience in rendering, shading, lighting, post-processing and look development.
- Your communication and your interpersonal skills allow you to exchange effectively on both artistic and technical issues.
- A proven track record with Japanese developers/publishers and extensive knowledge of the Japanese market is required.
- Japanese/English professional proficiency is required.
About the Company
Founded in 2004, Virtuos is a leading global video game development company headquartered in Singapore with studios across Asia, Europe, and North America. With over 3,500 full-time professionals, Virtuos specializes in game development and art production for AAA consoles, PC, and mobile titles, enabling its partners to generate additional revenues and achieve greater operational efficiency.
For over a decade, Virtuos has successfully delivered high-quality content for more than 2,000 projects and its clients include 18 of the top 20 digital entertainment companies worldwide. More information at www.virtuosgames.com.