The CardinalCommerce Global Customer Services team (GCS) is dedicated to ensuring an excellent Customer experience throughout the design, implementation and ongoing support of our authentication and data solutions, which we offer to both merchants and issuers alike.
What a Strategic Technical Account Manager does at Visa
The Cardinal TAM team is tasked with supporting clients using the Cardinal VCAS Platform, an ACS leveraged by Issuer and Processors. As Strategic Technical Account Manager (TAM), you will be responsible for ongoing technical support of Cardinal’s suite of data-driven authentication solutions. A successful TAM will display high levels of business acumen, relationship building and technical troubleshooting skills. They will possess the technical capacity to handle incoming inquiries and provide guidance, best practice and resolution to our top tier customers. A TAM has a strong understanding of Cardinal Product Strategy and Vision, and have the ability to drive execution of strategy by working in tandem with Cardinal's Sales, Customer Success, and Support teams as well as with in-market Visa teams. Will act as Cardinal SME (tech sales, integration, support) for our customers.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Act as in-market Cardinal Technical SME for Level 2/3 issues, functioning as a second level technical resource for best practice and Customer questions
- Act as First point of contact for strategic clients for priority issues.
- Ensure incoming support inquiries are handled & resolved in timely fashion and with highest level of Customer Service
- Liaise with Implementation and Solution teams on account expansion efforts.
- Support High Peak sales days and monitor the health of the key clients.
- Proactively monitor key accounts to identify trends, understand performance anomalies and work to implement ongoing performance improvements
- Work at standard Japan business hours, and occasionally attend outside-business hours clients calls in emergency situations
- Assist Customers with:
- Basic and advanced transaction research
- Questions regarding Cardinal's Solutions and the authentication landscape in general
- Technical issues and inquiries
- Project work & enablement activities
- Assist Customer Success/Account Management Team(s) with
- Performance/Transaction Monitoring and trending
- Technical discussions/questions
- Data extraction for QBR presentations
- Relay RCA’s. highlighting preventative measures that result from VCAS caused issues.
- Engage with Solution Engineering & Product Management as the customer advocate on product roadmap discussions – feeding market feedback into Cardinal Centinel Product teams
- Per departmental guidelines, keep Salesforce current
- Keep management informed of critical issues, strategic opportunities, and issue status
- Prepare and present any required reports to requestor and management as required
- Follow all established processes and procedures
- Travel required, 15-20% of time
Why this is important to Visa
Customer support and satisfaction are critical functions of the CardinalCommerce business. A team of authentication-focused subject matter experts help our clients quickly resolve issues so they can continue to securely process and accept payments, and protect their consumers from fraud.
Technical Account Managers are central operators to Authentication business teams across many Asia Pacific market teams and clients. To be successful as a TAM, you will need to become a subject matter expert, a great coordinator of programs and thrive in a very strong teamworking culture. Your ability to support the Authentication services will directly impact our clients trust in our brand and technology in the payment industry and money movement ecosystem.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
What do you need
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Technology or equivalent discipline
- Good speaker of both Japanese and English language.
- 8+ years of successful technical support and/or relationship management experience
- Advanced knowledge of authentication and payment brand transaction flows
- Competitive awareness and proficient in explaining Cardinal's product and service differentiators
- Ability to read/troubleshoot transaction logs
- Demonstrated success in thinking strategically, executing tactically while providing consistent and high levels of customer satisfaction and retention in a fast-paced environment
- Strong financial acumen, proven analytical and decision-making abilities
- Drive results and successfully handle multiple priorities against tight deadlines
- Proven ability to take initiative and work independently
- Superior customer focus and drive for results
- Ability to work in a virtual environment while travelling, i.e. solid time management, organization, negotiation and influence skills
- Ability to proactively identify business opportunities and persuasively influence both internal and external constituents
- Demonstrated strong leadership capabilities and interpersonal skills
- Superior teamwork, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to translate technical communications from engineers into client facing material
- Candidate must be a self-starter and have a strong collaborative working style to work in a global team environment
- Strong self-managed organization skills including resolution management and follow through
- High degree of proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
What will also help
- Payments industry knowledge
- Experience working in fast paced, high-growth start up environments a plus
- Understanding of mobile payments, including contactless payments, online/remote payments, QR Codes, cloud-based payments, and chip cards (contact and contactless)
- Understanding of networking concepts and encryption protocols.
- High degree of proficiency in SalesForce preferred
We are currently only able to extend offers to candidates with the right to work in Japan and are unable to offer new immigration sponsorship.
About the Company
Visa (NYSE: V) is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories. Our purpose is to uplift everyone, everywhere by being the best way to pay and be paid.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.