Our team consists of many experienced members with international work experience. We strive to create a new culture with members from different backgrounds and nationalities. Our global team works with the Toyota Motor Corporation and the Toyota Research Institute in North America to develop our technologies and products.
We are seeking experienced people to join us as we take on new challenges to create new products and services for the Toyota Woven City.
You will report to the Lead of Energy, and the workplace for this role is hybrid.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
We are developing a new product that will be the social infrastructure of the future based on energy and mobility and looking for an engineer with experience in server-side and mobile application development and operations. With hands-on experiences and in-depth knowledge of software development, you are expected:
- to develop UI applications with traceability between product requirements, functional specifications and codes.
- to work with specialists in different disciplines and other service development departments.
- Define frontend software specifications for the energy operation system, the energy use app or the energy simulator together with stakeholders.
- Work with service operation team and UX team to define UI specifications and data pipelines for users and system operators.
- Write code or support coding engineers.
- Analyze and manage requirements and resolve conflicting requirements.
- Perform software document, code and test reports reviews.
- Build and promote a process continuously to improve specification documents and code.
- Perform minimal prototyping and associated research work.
- 3+ years of experience in developing frontend softwares through the collaboration with third parties.
- Skills in defining UI specifications and coding based on software requirements
- Experience and knowledge of version management and test management in development by teams
- Conversational and above Japanese and deep understanding of the Japanese working environment.
- English conversation level and motivation to develop the skill
Nice to Haves
- Experience in frontend software development processes from requirement definitions to operations.
- System development experience in new business.
If you are located outside of Japan we will set up an interview over Google Hangout Meet.
About the Company
Woven by Toyota is the mobility technology subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation. Our mission is to deliver safe, intelligent, human-centered mobility for all. Through our Arene mobility software platform, safety-first automated driving technology and Toyota Woven City — our test course for advanced mobility — we’re bringing greater freedom, safety and happiness to people and society.
Our unique global culture weaves modern Silicon Valley innovation and time-tested Japanese quality craftsmanship. We leverage these complementary strengths to amplify the capabilities of drivers, foster happiness, and elevate well-being.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary - Based on experience
- Work Hours - Flexible working time with NO core-hours
- Paid Holiday - 20 days per year (prorated)
- Sick Leave - 6 days per year (prorated)
- Holiday - Sat & Sun, Japanese National Holidays, and other days defined by our company
- Japanese Social Security - all applicable (Health Insurance, Pension, Workers’ Comp, and Unemployment Insurance, Long-term care insurance)
- In-house Training Program (software study/language study)
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.
- We pledge that any information we receive from you will be used ONLY for the purpose of hiring assessment.