$72,000 ~ $96,000 / USD
Zypsy is looking for a UX Design Lead, who will help them develop top-quality digital products for new and upcoming startups. You will lead and direct all aspects of the design process, help grows their capabilities at Zypsy, and push the edges of the discipline.
As a UX Design Lead at Zypsy, you get to collaborate across disciplines to create integrated design solutions for a wide range of different startups. In this role, you get exposure to and direct many parts of the design process: discovery, brand strategy, concept development, prototyping, working with developers, and design stewardship.
You are passionate about startups & building digital products. You have 5 or more years of working experience in designing digital product services and experience from ideation to implementation. You have deep UX knowledge. You’ve spent 3+ years in previous leadership roles and can effectively oversee the quality and efficacy of our digital team’s work.
- You're a systems thinker; you can make sense of complex information, user interaction flows, and system architecture.
- You have a killer design aesthetic and an excellent handle on user experience and digital strategy. You know how to push creative teams to imagine new ways of bringing digital experiences to life through interaction and content.
- You’ll be an arbiter of their digital vision and will find opportunities to foster this vision within the team and founders.
- You’ll help them push digital design to tell evocative brand stories that create emotional connections with consumers.
- You are passionate about building, prototyping, and continually evolving digital products throughout the product life cycle.
- You have a solid understanding of UX design principles and prototyping tools, and an equally polished portfolio showcasing your UI/visual design capabilities. A strong grasp of Webflow, and front-end development trends is a plus but not necessary.
- You can clearly articulate your design process, approach, and impact in verbal and visual presentations. This is a client-facing role, they expect you to be able to manage client relationships as well.
- You can effectively scope projects and during the planning stages, consult on deliverables and project team casting that will optimize success.
- You can build trust and guide clients through our creative process. You have the ability to define and establish digital processes that align with both client and internal needs.
- You partner with startup founders to build a vision for something that hasn’t yet been defined; working with copywriters, brand designers, directors, and industrial designers to build something new across every customer touchpoint.
- You are a mentor and a leader and are excited to manage and grow their team of digital designers.
- Design Tool: Figma
- Graphic Design: Photoshop, Illustrator
- Web Development: Webflow
- Communication: Slack, Zoom, Loom
- Documentation: Notion
- File-Sharing: Dropbox, Figma
- Source Control: Git
- Frontend: React, Typescript
- CI/CD: CircleCI
- Task Management: Notion
- Animation/Interaction: After Effects
- Budget Control: Timely
- Offer Summary
- Salary: $72,000 ~ $96,000 / USD
- Stock Option: 0.4%
- Remote Work Life
Their vision at Zypsy is to build a network of exceptional designers & engineers by providing you with a rich remote working environment and the opportunity to collaborate with the world's best startups.