Terms of Service
Last updated: 07/25/2021
Terms of Service Overview
Creative Tokyo is owned and managed by Skydea K.K. (“Company”, “we”, or “us”). We provide a platform for creators to create user profiles, join Circles, and connect with mentors, partners, recruiters, and potential employees.
This Terms of Service (the “Terms” or “Agreement”) describes the rights and responsibilities that apply to your use of Creative Tokyo platforms, including the website (www.creativetokyo.com)(the “Site”, “Service”, or “Platform”), app, etc. If you choose to participate or use our platform or Site, you must follow the Terms of Service. This also includes anything that you contribute or post (“User Content”).
- You agree to our Terms and Code of Conduct by using our platform. These Terms of Service constitute a legally binding agreement between Creative Tokyo and you.
- We may suspend or terminate accounts if you violate the rules.
- Although we make every effort to ensure that our Creative Tokyo platform (“Platform”) is accessible and functioning at all times, we cannot guarantee that it will. There are times when things do not go according to plan. We are sorry for any inconvenience.
- Our Platform is continuously improving. This means that parts of our Platform may be modified or discontinued.
- Our Terms of Service contain limitations on liability and releases. By using our platform you agree to these terms. You agree to resolve any dispute you may have with our platform in accordance with the Terms of Service. Except if you are based outside the European Union, mandatory arbitration is required. You also waive the right to be heard by a judge in a court or jury. You can only bring individual claims and not in a group action.
Creative Tokyo Circles, Organizers, and Members
Organizers can establish membership criteria for their Circles. There is a Circle for everyone. However, not all Circles are right for you. You can start your own Circle if you don’t find the right one. We are not responsible for what happens outside of our platform. When interacting with others, you should exercise common sense and use good judgment.
Individuals who are interested in finding a job may create profiles that include information about their educational background, professional experience, and past projects. The profiles of Job Seekers are generally public.
Other users will have access to certain parts of the Site. These users are nevertheless bound by the agreement. Circle organizers and participants need to be aware of the fact that any information that they give that isn’t “Locked”, will be available to everyone.
Intellectual Property Rights
The Site may be protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. You acknowledge and agree that you do not acquire any ownership or other rights in proprietary information and materials of Creative Tokyo by authorizing use of your User Content or otherwise using or accessing the Site.
Account holders are members. You agree to: (1) use a strong password and keep it confidential; (2) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections) and (3) follow the law and our Code of Conduct. Unless you close your account or report misuse, you are responsible for all that happens to your account.
Anything that is posted or provided through our Service or Platform will be referred to as “Content”.
By using our Platform, you agree to act responsibly. This means that:
(In relation to the Service)
- You must not use an email address or name that is false or misleading, owned or controlled in any way by another person to impersonate them or for any other purpose.
- You must not use a User ID that is subject to the rights of another person without authorization.
- You are solely responsible to protect your password’s confidentiality
- You agree to update your registration information as necessary with the Company so it remains accurate, complete, and current.
- You will act professionally in all interactions with Creative Tokyo users and Creative Tokyo.
(In relation to the Content)
- You will only give Creative Tokyo content you are legally allowed to give to Creative Tokyo, and Creative Tokyo may display the Services using your Content.
- You have the right to all copyrights and trademarks, trade secrets, or intellectual property that you provide for Creative Tokyo’s display, publication, or use.
- You agree that all other content found on or through Creative Tokyo is solely the responsibility of the original creator.
- You understand that your Content could be republished. If you don’t have the right to submit content, it could subject you to liability. Creative Tokyo will not be responsible for any Creative Tokyo use of your Content in accordance to this Agreement.
- You understand that Creative Tokyo does not endorse, support, guarantee, or represent the accuracy, reliability, or completeness of any content or communications via the Services, or any opinions expressed via them;
- You acknowledge that the Services may expose you to Content that could be offensive, harmful or inaccurate. Creative Tokyo has no liability for such material.
- You acknowledge that advertisements and other similar items may be included in the Service. These may relate to Content, queries made through it, or other information. Creative Tokyo has no claims against you for placing advertising or similar Content on or in connection with any Content or other information displayed from the Services.
- Violate the Code of Conduct of Creative Tokyo.
- Expect Creative Tokyo will evaluate, verify or otherwise support any user’s statements.
- Consider any Content, email, or other information that you receive through your access to the Services a recommendation or representation by Creative Tokyo, any affiliate of Creative Tokyo, or any employee or officer, director, representative, or other agent (each a “Company Person”), unless the information is specifically identified as being created by a Company Person.
- Claim any ownership rights or other proprietary rights in any material, code or other intellectual property published on, made available by, or otherwise made available through Creative Tokyo. This includes Content, software, and intellectual property you own or have other rights to, regardless of its appearance on Creative Tokyo.
- Copy or distribute content, except as permitted by this Agreement.
- Use any Content or other information obtained from Company persons or Members, without prior written permission from the Company.
- View, modify or access any source code or object codes.
- Market competing services to Creative Tokyo members.
User Content License
You hereby grant to Creative Tokyo and its related companies, agents, licensees, sublicensees, contractors, successors, legal representatives, assigns, and third-party service providers, and their respective retail partners, marketing or public relations agencies, and other affiliates (the “Licensed Parties”) a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, fully-paid, non-exclusive, transferable, sublicensable right to use your User Content in any manner to be determined in the Licensed Parties’ sole discretion, including but not limited to on webpages and social media pages operated by the Licensed Parties, in promotional e-mails and advertisements, and in any and all other marketing, promotional and advertising initiatives, and in any media now or hereafter known. The Licensed Parties may use, display, reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works from, combine with other materials, alter and/or edit your User Content in any manner in their sole discretion, with no obligation to you whatsoever.
You grant the Licensed Parties the right to use your username, real name, image, likeness, descriptions of you, location or other identifying information, including but not limited to your voice, in connection with any use of your User Content.
You hereby agree and represent and warrant that (i) you are solely responsible for your User Content, (ii) you own all rights in and to your User Content and/or have obtained appropriate rights and permissions from any and all other persons and/or entities who own, manage or otherwise claim any rights with respect to such User Content, (iii) you are not a minor, (iv) the Licensed Parties’ use of your User Content as described herein will not violate the rights, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity, moral, proprietary or other rights, of any third party, or any law, rule or regulation, and (v) the User Content is not libelous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, abusive, indecent, threatening, harassing, hateful, or offensive or otherwise unlawful.
You hereby release, discharge, and agree to hold the Licensed Parties, and any person acting on their behalf, harmless from any liability related in any way to the Licensed Parties’ use of your User Content.
The Licensed Parties reserve the right to remove any User Content from the Site.
Creative Tokyo can, but is not required, to monitor and control the content posted through the Services. Creative Tokyo does not have to exercise this right. You may have any Content uploaded via the Services deleted at any moment without notice.
Creative Tokyo reserves all rights to discontinue or modify the Services at any time without prior notice.
Introductions and Verification
We are not obligated to introduce you to any recruiter, company, etc.
Creative Tokyo is not responsible for verifying the information of users or ensuring that they are reliable.
Terminating User Access/Accounts
Creative Tokyo reserves all rights to end your access to the Services at any time. You may also be subject to other remedies in law or equity if you violate the Agreement. Your account may be deleted at any time, for any reason, or without notice. If we delete your account, you will lose any information, connections, or other features that could have value to your account.
You specifically acknowledge that the Company does not have to pay any claims resulting from the termination of your account or the disabling or blocking of access to any Content. This applies regardless of whether or not the content is ultimately found to be infringing, or prohibited.
You may be invited to chat, participate in message boards, blogs, or other functionality through the Services. The Services may also allow you to submit, transmit, publish, or distribute Content to the Company and/or via the Services. All such materials you send to the Company, or through the Services, will be considered non-confidential. You grant the Company a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free license to all comments, feedbacks, ideas, forum posts, and other communications relating to the Services.
The Company is not responsible for the content, messages, or information on the Services and external websites linked to Creative Tokyo.
Changes and Updates to the Terms of Service
You may see changes to the Terms at any time. We will notify you by updating the date at the top and in some cases providing additional notice. The Terms should be reviewed regularly. The amended Terms will take effect immediately, unless otherwise stated. Your continued use of our Services and Software will signify your acceptance of these changes. You must not use our Services or Software if you don’t agree with the amended Terms.