As the Head of Copy at Japan's independent agency of the year (two years running!), you will play a vital role in developing the creative work that our awesome clients expect of us.
- Help unearth strategic insights that showcase a deep understanding of our client's brand, industry, and audience
- Brainstorm innovative creative concepts and bring them to life by driving a team of junior and mid-weight creatives, in close collaboration with Creative Directors
- Craft gripping copy that shines across film, print, digital, social media, events, activations and beyond...
- Develop brand voices, guidelines, treatments with impeccable style and grammarly-good grammar
- Pro-actively seek new ideas and opportunities for existing and new business
- 5+ years of advertising/media/marketing agency experience
- A sizable portfolio showcasing rock-solid conceptual thinking, smart and concise copywriting, resulting in effective work across various mediums
- Self-motivated, collaborative, proactive, reliable and accountable
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with solid presentation skills
- Able to stay updated on industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices, and eagerly share your insights with the team
- Able to mentor and inspire junior and mid-weight copywriters
- Native or fully fluent Japanese, preferably with business English
- An awesome human being with a sense of humor, who doesn’t take themselves too seriously!
About the Company
It is UltraSuperNew’s mission to become Asia’s leading independent creative agency network, representing the voice of the Millennial and GenZ generations while supporting the local creative communities through our creative work and galleries. In the heart of everything we do there is a need to push the boundaries and create memorable, engaging work, both for our clients’ audiences and for our team.
UltraSuperNew was born and raised in Harajuku, Tokyo, the epicenter of Japanese/Asian youth culture and the birthplace of many Japanese brands and trends that made it global. After opening our offices in Singapore (2016), Taiwan (2019), Colombo (2020) we just made our first step outside of Asia, with our Amsterdam office.
Our UltraSuperNew galleries (https://gallery.ultrasupernew.com/ ) are providing a platform for the makers and creators of Asia to showcase their work.
- Flexible Working Arrangement (FWA)
- Statutory holidays and generous annual paid leave
- Paid congratulatory and compassionate leave
- Maternity and childcare leave
- Full commuting allowance
- Social, Labor, Employment Insurance and Pension
- Overseas relocation assistance
- Language learning
- Employee referral bonus